Top 12% best graduate schools for social work in the nation
No. 36 in the U.S. and no. 1 in Connecticut
8,700+ alumni worldwide
Our Bachelor of Social Work professional degree program prepares and empowers students to advance human rights and social justice, and to serve individuals, families, groups and communities in need.
Our Master of Social Work graduates are trained to promote social, racial, and economic justice, and to advocate for improved social policies and services, locally and globally.
Our doctoral students are welcomed into a supportive community where they are mentored by distinguished faculty and prepared to teach and conduct research to address critical social problems.
Our Non-Degree program enables you to register for graduate social work courses as a non-matriculated student. A variety of morning, afternoon, and evening classes are available during the fall, spring, and summer.
One of the largest providers of continuing education in the region, we offer social workers and human service professionals the coursework and credits they need to serve clients, agencies, and communities.
Innovations Institute, at the University of Connecticut's School of Social Work, works in partnership with government agencies, health care providers, youth and their families, and community-based organizations nationwide to improve outcomes for children, youth, young adults, and their families. A University institute of the SSW, Innovations extends the School’s commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and the improvement of human well-being nationwide.
Social Workers change lives!
Realize your dreams, expand your knowledge and develop your social work skills while earning your degree at the UConn School of Social Work.
Ranked no. 36 best graduate school for social work
by U.S. News & World Report.
UConn School of Social Work is among the top 12% of programs nationwide and no. 1 in the state of Connecticut.
- Laura Curran Named as Next Dean of UConn School of Social Work May 9, 2023
- 2023 Commencement at a Glance May 8, 2023
- Celebrating UConn’s Class of 2023 May 5, 2023
- Data Experts at School of Social Work’s National SOGIE Center Take Lead Role in Supporting Justice-Involved LGBTQ+ and Two-Spirit Youth May 4, 2023
- Inaugural InCHIP Dissertation Assistantship Award Supports Public Health Research April 20, 2023
- Helping Asian Students Feel at Home at UConn May 26, 2023
- White-tailed Deer Bones Give a Glimpse into Connecticut’s Past and May Help Inform a More Sustainable Future May 26, 2023
- Clean Energy & Sustainability Innovation Program Submission Finalists May 26, 2023
- Veteran Keeps His Memorial Day Plans Thanks to UConn Health Heart Doctors May 25, 2023
- Dr. Neha Prakash Named ‘Outstanding Young Physician’ May 25, 2023