Non-Degree Application and Registration

Application and Registration Dates


Term Level Application Registration
Open Close Open Close
Summer Session 2024 Graduate Mar 11, 2024 May 27, 2024 Mar. 18, 2024 May 29, 2024
Fall Semester 2024 Graduate Mar 4, 2024 Sep 6, 2024 Mar. 18, 2024 Sep 9, 2024
Graduate TBA TBA

Please refer to the Calendars & Schedules page for times and dates of courses being offered.

* Registration opens at 9:00 a.m. on date(s) listed.

**Registration ends at 10:30 p.m. on date(s) listed.

Complete the Non-Degree Application

To enroll in non-degree courses, you must complete the Online Application Form. You will receive a confirmation email that your application was submitted successfully.

Your application will be processed in the order in which it was received; you will receive an email about the status of your application (check your SPAM folder). If you do not receive a status email after two business days, you may check the status of your application by calling the UConn Hartford Office of Student Services at (959) 200-3743.

The turn-around time for applications varies. Please submit your application as early as possible to allow ample time for review prior to course registration.

Successful applicants should follow the subsequent steps.

Steps After Acceptance

Know your NetID and NetID password

As a first-time or returning student, you will receive a NetID, which is your unique username. Your NetID provides you access to:

  • UConn email
  • Student Administration System
  • HuskyCT (for online classes)

First-time UConn students

  • You will receive an email at your personal email address indicating that your NetID has been created. Once you’ve received this confirmation you will need to activate your NetID and create a password.

Returning UConn students

  • You will receive an email reminding you what your NetID is. You may need to reset your password before logging in to the Student Administration System.

If you have difficulties contact the UITS Help Center at 860-486-4357 and they will be able to assist you. For more information on your NetID, please see NetID Frequently Asked Questions.


Access the Student Administration System

All non-degree students have access to the following functions in the Student Administration System:

  1. Register for, drop, and swap courses during open registration
  2. View and print your class schedule, final grades, and unofficial transcript
  3. Review your financial account and any holds placed on your student record
  4. Pay for your course(s) with an e-check or credit card
  5. Update your personal information, including address, telephone number, and personal email address
  6. Request official transcripts

For detailed tutorials on each function above, please visit Student Administration System Help. Also please note that if you are a new non-degree student, you may not be able to access the Student Administration System for 24 hours.

Verify That There Are No Holds on Your Account

There may be a hold on your account that blocks you from registering for courses. The most common holds are Bursar’s Holds for overdue balances or Advising Holds based on previous academic experience (dismissal, balance forward, etc.). You should take steps to resolve any holds on your account as soon as possible. You can check your holds in the Student Administration System (Instructions).

Make an appointment to speak with a Office of Student & Academic Services (OSAS) staff member

Email to set up time to speak over the phone or meet virtually to discuss what course(s) you should register for. An OSAS staff member will need to provide you with a permission number to the course(s) so that you are able to register.

Register for Class(es)

Non-degree registration opens at 9:00 a.m. on the first day of non-degree registration for each semester. (Employees using a tuition waiver must wait until the second day of courses to register.) See the Application and Registration Dates section above for the registration dates for upcoming terms. At that time you will be able to log in to the Student Administration System and add courses to your schedule. Tutorials for adding, swapping, and dropping courses are available at Student Administration System Help. Additional information pertaining to registration for courses including error messages and obtaining permission numbers can be found on the Registration Help page. Class registration results in automatic generation of a bill.

If You Need to Make Changes to Your Course Schedule

You can enroll in additional classes or swap courses during the open registration period. You can also drop a course if you are enrolled in multiple courses for the semester.

Fall/Spring: You may make changes to your registration through StudentAdmin during the Add/Drop Period. After the Add/Drop Period, all requests to withdraw from a class must be made via email to To cancel or withdraw from ALL registered courses, you must complete a complete the Voluntary Separation Notification form. It is your responsibility to be aware of the published deadlines regarding registration and refunds.

Summer/Winter: You may make changes to your registration through StudentAdmin during the Add/Drop Period. After the Add/Drop Period, all requests to withdraw from a class must be made via email to

Please note that in addition to any remaining balance you will be responsible for a $65 non-refundable cancellation fee and a $20 STEP (Non-Degree) non-refundable enrollment fee.

Pay Your Bill

Registration obligates you to make full payment for your course(s). Your bill will be available in Student Administration within 24 hours of course registration. Payments are due within three days of registration. If unpaid, a late fee will be assessed. If you are unable to pay for the course(s) or choose not to take the course(s), you must formally drop the course(s) within the published refund deadlines. Failure to properly drop the course(s) or make payment will result in referral to a collection agency.

Payment for your course(s) is processed through the University’s Student Administration System. Detailed instructions are available on the Bursar’s website. You may also pay by check with the Hartford Campus Bursar or by check or cash at the Storrs Bursar’s Office. If you have questions regarding payment for your course(s), please contact the UConn Hartford Office of Student Services at (959) 200-3743.

Obtain a Parking Permit

Please visit Parking Services website for information on obtaining a parking permit.

Check Your UConn Email Regularly

The University reserves the right to communicate official business matters to students exclusively by email. You will receive a UConn email address. We strongly urge you to check your UConn email account often as it is your responsibility to respond to University communications in a timely manner. Information regarding accessing and using your UConn email can be found at

If you have questions about registration, contact the UConn Hartford Office of Student Services at (959) 200-3743.

Questions About Courses

Non-degree students are not assigned an advisor. However, the Office of Student and Academic Services staff is available to assist you in choosing the right course. Please email for assistance.