Serve your community and the growing Spanish-speaking population in Connecticut by applying for our new scholarship program for bilingual Master of Social Work (MSW) students, Connecticut ¡Adelante!
Students who are enrolled in our in-person MSW program can apply for Connecticut ¡Adelante! Accepted students are eligible to receive $2,500 in tuition assistance each semester during the two-year program, for a total of up to $10,000. Students can also apply for the School Social Work Program, which also provides tuition assistance to eligible, matriculated students.
Why You Should Apply
As a Connecticut ¡Adelante! student, you will:
- Strengthen your language and bicultural skills with specialized courses
- Gain practical experience by interning at local community-based organizations and agencies that serve Spanish-speaking communities
- Prepare for a career serving the mental health needs of Spanish-speaking youth and families in Connecticut
Priority is given to students who meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a home address from an Alliance School District as designated by the Connecticut State Department of Education
- Meet the income criteria for Federal Pell Grant eligibility
- Have a current salary below Connecticut’s living wage as identified by the MIT Living Wage Calculator
- Demonstrates financial hardship
Connecticut ¡Adelante! Info Sessions
Learn more about this new MSW program option in one of our upcoming info sessions. Please register here
Connecticut ¡Adelante! Application Deadlines- Fall 2024 Cohort
Returning Students (entering 1st field placement)- December 22nd, 2023
Spring 2024 Admits- February 29th, 2024.
Incoming Fall 2024 Students (2- year program)- April 1st, 2024
Accepted and current MSW students need to complete the Connecticut ¡Adelante! application form. Once applicants are provisionally accepted, students will take a general Spanish language proficiency test to determine their full eligibility to participate in the program.