Welcome to the University of Connecticut School of Social Work!
Please use this step-by-step guide to assist you in preparing for the start of the MSW program.
1st Step – Matriculation
Prior to completing next steps, you will need to complete the steps to finalize your matriculation (your official enrollment as a student with the University).
Your admission cannot be finalized until all official transcripts have been received by the Graduate School. Official transcripts from UConn are not required.
If you have not already done so, please mail your official transcripts to the address below:
Whetten Graduate Center
438 Whitney Road Extension, Unit 1152
Storrs, Connecticut 06269-1152
Alternatively—for U.S. transcripts only—you may have the school's registrar's office send them electronically via email to email@example.com.
If you are currently waiting for your degree to be conferred:
Send your most up-to-date official transcripts for matriculation purposes. You will be required to send a final official transcript showing completed courses and/or your completed degree as soon as they are available.
To confirm your official transcript has been received:
You can verify receipt of the transcripts by logging into your applicant status portal.
Activate NetID & Set Up UConn Email
- Activate your NetID (ex: abc12345) using the UConn NetID activation code which was sent to you shortly after your admission to the University. If you have misplaced your activation code or if you are having problems logging in, please contact the UITS Help Center at 860-486-HELP (860-486-4357).
UConn Email Account
- Set up your UConn Email Account by following the instructions here. Beginning mid-May, all official correspondences from the University will be sent to this address.
2nd Step – Orientation & Advising
Orientation & Advising Sessions for Summer 2023 & Fall 2023 Admits
More information will be added at a later date.
Please disregard any steps that you have already completed.
Financial Aid (TIME SENSITIVE)
If you have not done so already, please consider completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students who are admitted for the Summer 2023 Advanced Standing program will need to complete the FAFSA for the current academic year 2022-2023 as well as the upcoming academic year 2023-2024, if they would like to be considered for summer financial aid.
- For more information and deadlines please visit the Office of Student Financial Aid Services
Complete the New Student Technology Training
New Student Technology Training
- This guide will walk you through the technology tools available that support learning at UConn.
Complete the Interpersonal Violence Prevention Training
Complete your Student Health History Form
- Upload immunization records and complete pending forms under “my forms” within the student health portal
- Review Insurance Information
Please contact UConn Student Health and Wellness should you have any questions on either of these steps.
The Field Education Office works with students to find appropriate field placements. Please take a moment to watch this short video, s.uconn.edu/ssw_field_orientation, and review the MSW Field Education website for more information.
Scholarship Opportunity for Incoming MSW Students!
Save the Dates
- Registration for Summer 2023 courses (Advanced Standing students): TBA
- Registration for Fall 2023 courses: TBA
- Start of the Advanced Standing Summer 2023 session: July 10, 2023
- Start of the Fall 2023 semester: August 28, 2023
PRIOR TO THE START OF THE PROGRAM:
Student ID (Husky One Card)
To obtain your Husky One Card, students are encouraged to take advantage of the online photo submission option.
- For international students
- For veteran students
- For students needing learning accommodations
- Further resources:
- Center for Career Development & SSW Career Services Page
- Center for Students with Disabilities
- Financial Aid – General
- Graduate School
- Hartford Information Technology Services
- NASW Code of Ethics
- Off-Campus Housing – Select “Housing” then “Hartford Campus” on top of page
- Parking Services
- Phone Book
- Public Transportation
- Veterans Affairs
- Writing Center
- Get familiar with the campus:
- Graduate Student Organization - Consider getting involved!